"We” are Neasham Parish Council whose address is 14 Teesway, Neasham, Darlington DL2 1QP, telephone number 07915 611456, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Our web-site is www.neashamparishcouncil.co.uk
The Parish Council is the “data controller” and our Clerk is the “data processor” for the purpose of complying with the requirements of “UK GDPR”, which has regulated the protection of your personal data since 1 January 2021.
Our General Privacy Notice applies to you, but this document sets out additional matters about your personal data which may arise as a result of the work you carry out or the services you provide for us as an employee or by the provision of paid-for services.
Additional information we may have about you
- Recruitment information (e.g. copies of right to work documentation, references and referral source, and other information collected as part of a job application process)
- Any staff data (e.g. aliases, photographs, start date / leaving date, next of kin and emergency contact information, grade, licences/certificates, immigration status, performance management information, proficiency, particulars of disciplinary and grievance proceedings)
- Non-financial identifiers (e.g. passport numbers, driving licence numbers, vehicle registration numbers, tax and benefits contributions, taxpayer identification numbers, tax reference codes, national insurance numbers)
- Financial identifiers (e.g. bank account numbers, payment card numbers, payment/transaction identifiers, pay and pay records, expenses claimed, policy numbers, and claim numbers).
- Other operational personal data created, obtained, or otherwise processed in the course of carrying out our activities,(e.g. records of telephone or other conversations, IP addresses and website visit histories, information about your use of our information and communications systems, and logs of visitors, accidents, injuries and insurance claims).
- Any information we may receive from the Disclosure and Barring Service, or similar safeguarding agency (“DBS”)
Further ways in which we get the information and why we have it
Some of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or by others at your request because you wish to work for the Parish Council as an employee. In this case, or where you propose to enter into an agreement to supply goods or services to the Parish Council, we may also receive personal information directly from the DBS.
Additional things we may do with the information we have
If you are an employee with us, or provide us with paid-for services, we may use the information we have received in order to manage your employment or service provision in accordance with applicable law and good practice. We may also share this information with the DBS, or with other data controllers, (such as local authorities, public authorities, central government and agencies such as HMRC and DVLA). This is so that they can carry out their responsibilities to the Parish Council and our community. They will sometimes be “joint data controllers”, which means we are all responsible to you for how we process your data where for example two or more data controllers are working together for a joint purpose. If there is no joint purpose or collaboration then the data controllers will be independent and will be individually responsible to you.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice for personnel under regular review and we will place any updates on our web-site. This Notice was last updated on 1 March 2022.
Remember to read our General Privacy Notice, which is also applicable to you.